New Account, Transfer or Disconnect Service

New Accounts
You can request new service online, by mail, or in-person at City Hall.  Transfer Service to New Address
If you are moving within the city limits, and have a current account with the City of Elgin, you may transfer your services. Your current account must be paid in full before the transfer can be made.  A $20.00 transfer fee is paid at the time of transfer. 

When submitting an application for New or Transferred Service, send it to the Utility Billing Department with payment, a photo ID and the applicable documentation listed below:
  • Lease agreement with name(s) of applicant(s)
  • Settlement Page from purchase of property
  • Tax statement showing ownership of property
Utility services will only be connected for the person(s) on the lease agreement or purchase documents for the residence. 

Disconnect Service
Disconnection requests must be made in writing. The account will continue to be your responsibility until the disconnect request is received or a new resident opens service at the same address.