Traffic Control & Safety Committee

  • Scheduled as needed. 
The Traffic Control & Safety Committee reviews requests from Elgin Residents for issues concerning street signage, traffic control measures, speeding, etc. The committee makes recommendations to City Council to implement changes as appropriate.

Petition by Citizens
To report a traffic control or safety concern, complete the petition and submit to the City of Elgin - TCSC, PO Box 591, Elgin, TX 78621.
Petition by Cititzens form

County Roads
To report maintenance issues on county roadways (i.e. CR 300), call Bastrop County at 512-285-3224.

Texas Department of Transportation Roads
To report maintenance issues on TxDOT roadways (i.e. Highway 290, FM 1100), call 512-974-0883, or email.

Immediate Road Hazards
To report immediate road hazards threatening public safety, call the Elgin Police Department at 512-285-5757.